Coming Up For Air


It has been BUSY!!! Just when I think we are going to get to a place that will allow some much needed down time, something else comes up. Scott and I both feel like we are running at breakneck speed and have no time to actually form a thought, much less have a conversation. When we actually do get 5 minutes to talk, we are too tired to have any meaningful conversation. Along those lines, you’ll just have to forgive me and my scattered brain for the lack of flow with this blog post. The past few weeks have been filled with cars breaking down and getting them repaired, getting our home ready (painting, insulating and cleaning), moving family members, having a HUGE yard sale, sending 6 kids off to school, going to PT, going to the orthodontist, being a taxi in a car with NO AC and Scott being buried at work. He is seriously leaving the house by 6:30 and not getting home til 7 or later. He eats dinner then works til 1am and does it all over again the next day. It has been INSANE!! As if that weren’t enough, my day is now split in half with our youngest going half-day to Kindergarten. I spend 3 hours driving each day between 7:15 and 3:30. Did I mention that it’s 103* outside and I have no AC? 🙂 Although, the red face and back sweat worked for me yesterday. Ha! I had to make the trek into downtown Phoenix to get copies of birth certificates and apparently they stop printing them at 4. I walked in at 4:07. One huge sob story later and those puppies were in my hot little hands! It also helps when you have a legion of sweaty, exhausted kids in tow!

I am SO, SO HAPPY to announce that our first home study visit is scheduled for tomorrow, finally! We can officially get this ball rolling already. It is so nerve wracking to have someone come into your home to assess your parenting, your marriage, your history and your life. I know it’s absolutely necessary, but it’s nerve wracking nonetheless! The next 24 hours will be filled with deep cleaning and then protecting the clean house like a guerilla fighter from a band of kids that still refuse to pick up after themselves no matter how big they get! I’ll scramble to gather the last of the documents and compile a list of questions for our social worker because that’s how I roll. Ask me about the semester long project that I did the night before it was due in college! Got an A btw. 🙂 Pray that the home study goes well!

We also had our yard sale fundraiser. We were SO blessed by all of our friends, family and co-workers. You all donated so many wonderful items for the sale!! We worked three solid days to unload, organize and sell items and it paid off! Through you, the Lord added nearly $1700 to our adoption fund. AMAZING!!! We also have so much leftover that we will have another sale in our hometown in the next few weeks. Whatever is left after that will be donated. I’ll keep you posted on all of that in the coming weeks. I desperately need to revise our fundraising thermometer and stats, I just can’t figure out the widgets on this stinkin blog!!! I have to wait for Scott to get that done. 🙂 Thank goodness he’s a techie. I’ll post the numbers in the next few days, but I do know that I am totally amazed at how the Lord has provided for this adoption. When this was but a yearning in my heart, I couldn’t fathom how in the world we would be able to cover the expense of this adoption. Time and time again, He has provided everything we need, just when we need it. It absolutely leaves me speechless! The way that He has provided through people we know and love, as well as complete strangers, has been an added blessing and has been so very humbling to witness. THANK YOU for caring and for giving so that “Shawn” can have a family. That just blows me away. My Etsy store, Project823, has brought in just under $1000 for our adoption fund. It has gone sort of stagnant so I’ve been brainstorming other ideas to sell there, in addition to the mustard seed necklaces. We made our first tree trunk side table and sold that. I LOVED that project! Here’s a picture of it.

I’m also working on some wall art to sell. When I get a chance, I’ll finish the frame and post a picture of the one I’m working on. It’s been fun to come up with ideas and to work with my hubby to make them. He’s super talented and can build anything I dream up. He’s pretty awesome like that!

I think that’s about it for now. We’re just plugging away and trying to keep our heads above water at the moment. Please continue to pray for our boy when you think of it. I appreciate each one of you more than you’ll ever know!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s